We have become very accustomed to playing maps and mods on one level.
That’s not to say that some maps don’t include more Z-axis gameplay, but in general it’s something that could be used to more and better effect.
This mapping challenge is all about having the player move up and down in a realistic way.
Of course, that doesn’t mean they can ONLY move up and down, but the idea of vertical gameplay or movement should be the central theme of each entry.
- Title: VerticalVilleTwo
- Filename: hl2-ep2-sp-mc-verticalvilletwo.7z
- Size : 75.70MB
- Author: Daniel Friend, Spencer Patel, Jacob Heywood and Jason Maki Gimba
- Date Released: 03 October 2015
- Copy the VerticalVilleTwo folder into your …\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\ folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- VerticalVilleTwo should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
In alphabetical order.
- Apartment Block by Daniel Friend
- Construction By Spencer Patel
- Synthesis by Jacob Heywood
- Truss by Jason Gimba AKA Maki
Brane Scan by Kelly Bailey from Half-Life 2
The RunThinkShootLive.Com intro video was made by ĜL1TCĦ³
This challenge was sponsored by Nodecraft – High Performance Game Servers.
Receive 15% off your first month by clicking the link above.
Various Steam and Origin games.
Four gridview icons are included in this file. To use the included grid view icon, select “Gridview” in Steam (top right corner). Right click on “VerticalVilleTwo” and select “Set Custom Image”. Then browse to the SourceMods folder and then to VerticalVilleTwo/steam-gridview-icons folder and select the image. Then click “Set Image” and that’s it.
Of course, you can create your own custom image if you prefer.
The challenge started 10th September 2015 at 10am GMT and finished Monday 28th September at 10pm GMT
- Maximum two maps per mapper per challenge.
- The map must be original and not have been released publicly before.
- The map must run in system with only Ep2 installed
- By entering the competition you grant PlanetPhillip.Com & RunThinkShootLive.Com the right to release the map as part of the VerticalVilleTwo Mod.
- Maps must not appear before the release and for one month after the release of the mod.
- No assets from retail games other than HL2, HL2: Ep1 or HL2: Ep2 are allowed.
- Other assets are allowed with written permission from their original authors, which MUST be included in the entry.
- Phillip’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The map MUST have a proper name.
- The map MUST have a proper filename: MapName_vvt.bsp
- All entries must be sent to: [email protected] no later than the deadline.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
Voting closes after 10 days and the entry with the highest votes is the winner.
4Last 7 days
18Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?