In the mold of Crossfire, which had a huge turnout of authors using the classic deathmatch map as a basis for their own maps, comes this challenge. The Layout asked mappers to select one of 11 popular multiplayer maps from over the years to form the backbone of a new single player map.
So here’s The Layout, with 9 new takes based on classic map layouts!
As always, if you’re interested in learning more about Map Labs and maybe even participate in their upcoming challenges, visit the Map Labs Discord.
- Title: The Layout
- Filename: sdk-2013-sp-mlc-thelayout.7z
- Size : 744 MB
- Author: shoes, beefbacon, Sensethenn, rojahel, Friendly Russian, Attack Slug, roman_memes, Alivebyte!, Alexandra ‘Maestra Fénix’ Bravo
- Date Released: 24 February 2022
- Make sure you have the Upcoming branch of the Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer installed in Steam and run at least once. (Properties – Betas – select upcoming from the dropdown list).
- Copy the thelayout, mapbase_shared, mapbase_hl2, and mapbase_episodic folders into your SourceMods folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- The Layout should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you decide to use the Per-Map Opinion Images, feel free to use the file below as a template:
Listed as they are displayed in the mod itself:
Yellow = winning maps and recommended maps
Ravenholm Reconnaissance Squad by shoes [Avalanche]
Ravenstone by beefbacon (bonus map) [Avalanche]
PastTense by Sensethenn [Sugarcane]
Fallout Valley by rojahel [Mountain Lab]
R.E.V.C.E.T.P. by Friendly Russian [Train]
Sluiceworks by Attack Slug – 1st Place [Gasworks]
Opposing Force, Too by roman_memes – 3rd Place [Train]
Infiltrate The Base by Alivebyte! (bonus map) [Nucleus]
Nal Sidian by Alexandra ‘Maestra Fénix’ Bravo – 2nd Place [Nucleus]
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
Each map has 5 screenshots. Thanks to ArctixSnowPup for providing the screenshots!
Currently there are no recommendations
139Last 7 days
429Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?