Without the Gravity Gun, Half-Life 2, its episodes, and many many mods would be very different. It was revolutionary and a LOT of fun to play with.
This challenge features the gravity gun, and adds some new functionality which was optional for mappers to use.
You play through a variety of settings and ideas.
- Title: GravityGunVilleTwo
- Filename: SDK2013-GravityGunVilleTwo.7z
- Size : 96.8MB
- Author: Dalannar, Ian Spadin AKA Idolon, Matt71490 AKA Event Horizon, OctaGear, Dirk Destiny, Sockman, Conner Bray AKA Bedlams, purplestakan, Malavek, Alexandru AKA melc311
- Date Released: 17 April 2018
THIS VERSION CURRENTLY CAN NOT BE USED WITH GAUGE. SORRY
- Make sure you have the “Upcoming” branch of the Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer installed in Steam and run at least once. (Properties – Betas – select “upcoming” from the dropdown list).
- Copy the “sdk-2013-sp-tlc18-c2-gravitygunvilletwo” folder into your “SourceMods” folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- RTSL.TLC18.C2.GravityGunVilleTwo should now be listed in your “Library” tab.
If you decide to use the Per-Map Opinion Images, please either watch the video below or use the file below:
Half-Life 2’s revolutionary weapon was undoubtedly the Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator. You can call it that if you really want to.
But to us it’s the Gravity Gun. A simple concept, executed perfectly in the game – and the perfect tool to demonstrate the physics engine. We learned the basics in Black Mesa East, experimented with its lethality in Ravenholm, and used it from then on for exciting activities such as stacking crates, tossing barrels, pushing around poor headcrabs, and eventually making Combine soldiers into personal ragdolls.
We want you to create a map that features the Gravity Gun. In addition to the Gravity Gun, the player may obtain and carry the crowbar and only one other weapon. Note that this restriction is on Gordon’s standard weapons – so objects like hopper mines and Magnusson Devices do not count as the other weapon and may be used freely.
This time there’s a twist: our latest research has developed a new function for the Gravity Gun. By finding and attaching a rare Stasis Crystal, the now-enhanced Gravity Gun has the added ability to freeze an object in space. Don’t worry, it’s not permanent – but the object will remain in stasis indefinitely until you use the Gravity Gun to move it again.
Use of the Stasis Crystal is optional in this challenge.
Mappers can give players the classic Gravity Gun or the Super Gravity Gun – and both versions may be enhanced with the Stasis Crystal.
We envision the Stasis Crystal having many uses, from blocking, reaching areas, puzzle-solving, attacking, defending and probably many others.
We’d love to see what you can do with the Stasis Crystal, but the regular old Gravity Gun is fun too. Wow us!
So, to summarise:
- feature the gravity gun
- adding the new stasis crystal is optional
- the player may also get the crowbar and one other weapon beyond the gravity gun
- we’re really looking forward to playing with the grav gun in whatever kind of maps you can dream up and build!
Full details can be found on the challenge announcement page.
The deadline for submission was 11pm GMT Wednesday 28th March 2018
Listed as they are displayed in the mod itself:
Multiverse Learning Center by Dalannar with textures by Salamancer (Tutorial map, not part of the challenge)
Urban Decay by Ian Spadin AKA Idolon
Ashtown by Matt71490 AKA Event Horizon
Banshee by OctaGear
Fuel Me Once by Dirk Destiny
Citadel by Sockman
Climber by Conner Bray AKA Bedlams
Collector by purplestakan
Echo by Malavek
Asylum by Alexandru AKA melc311
The order of the maps was generated via random.org
Remember, the judges scoring is based on the final map submitted BEFORE the deadline. The actual released versions of maps and therefore the ones you played, may differ significantly from those initially submitted.
Here are the top three places.
- Winner: Citadel by Sockman: 83 Points
- Second: Urban Decay by Ian Spadin AKA Idolon: 81 Points
- Third: Asylum by Alexandru AKA melc311: 77 Points
Full details of all the points can be found on The Lambda Cup 2018 Public Points Spreadsheet.
Phillip, Don, Dan, Crowbar and Abraham are the judges for this challenge.
Time for you to share your thoughts! Vote for your top 3 GravityGunVilleTwo maps. Poll closes sometime in May.
Which are your favourite 3 entries from GravityGunVilleTwo?
- Asylum by Alexandru AKA melc311 (38%, 22 Votes)
- Echo by Malavek (5%, 3 Votes)
- Collector by purplestakan (5%, 3 Votes)
- Climber by Conner Bray AKA Bedlams (0%, 0 Votes)
- Citadel by Sockman (19%, 11 Votes)
- Fuel Me Once by Dirk Destiny (7%, 4 Votes)
- Banshee by OctaGear (5%, 3 Votes)
- Ashtown by Matt71490 AKA Event Horizon (2%, 1 Votes)
- Urban Decay by Ian Spadin AKA Idolon (19%, 11 Votes)
Total Voters: 58
The Lambda Cup 2018 consists of five mapping challenges, each with a different theme.
Entrants will receive points for each challenge they enter.
At the end of the event, the best 3 points totals from the challenges they entered will be added together for each entrant.
These totals will decide who wins the Grand Prizes.
This means that entrants do NOT have to enter each and every contest to win the grand prize but they will need to have entered at least 3 challenges to have a chance of winning the grand prizes.
For more details visit the Lambda Cup homepage.
0.9 – Developers’ and Judges’ Version. First versions of maps. Version used to judge the entries.
1.0 – THIS RELEASE. No known issues. Well, yeah, a missing texture and some sounds, but we will get it fixed soon.
Niker107 created the Mertz Module models. Dalannar created the Multiverse Learning Center map and Salamancer whipped up a number of custom textures for it. Thanks to all of you for working on such short notice!
The RunThinkShootLive.Com introduction video was made by Jeff Muñoz (ThatoneJeff)” and he also significantly helped with logo design – thanks Jeff, you ROCK!
Caleb West (CW3D) created the extended remix of Brane Scan originally by Kelly Bailey from Half-Life 2
There are ten custom gridview image included in this release.
To use it, switch your Steam Library view to Grid View. Right click on RTSL.TLC18.C2.GravityGunVilleTwo and chose “Set Custom Image”. Click “browse” when a small windows appears and navigate to your SourceMods folder and the “sdk-2013-sp-tlc18-c2-gravitygunvilletwo/steam-gridview-images/” folder and select the image of your choice.
You can of course, create your own image and use that.
PLEASE READ THEM SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY.
- Download the Submission Template and use that to submit your entry. The only exception is if you intend to submit only a map with no custom content – in which case you can just send the map (bsp), the graph file (ain), your mapname_readme.txt, and optionally the map source (vmf).
- End your map with a point_clientcommand firing this exact command: disconnect; startupmenu
- Maximum two maps per mapper per entry.
- The map must be original and not have been released publicly before.
- The map must run in system with only Ep2 installed
- By entering the competition you grant PlanetPhillip.Com and RunThinkShootLive.Com the right to release the map as part of the RTSL-THC2018-C2-GravityGunVilleTwo Mod.
- Maps must not appear on ANY other website before the release and for one month after the release of the mod.
- No assets from retail games other than HL2, HL2: Ep1, HL2: Ep2 and Lost Coast are allowed.
- Other assets are allowed with written permission from their original authors, which MUST be included in the entry, preferably a link to a public page that shows permission has been granted, in addition, custom assets AND MUST BE ABLE TO BE USED IN MONETISED VIDEOS.
- All files submitted MUST be in lowercase and any custom assets must have unique names, both folder AND files.
- Entrants are requested to send their VMF files in with their entry. A section in the ReadMe.txt file will make it clear that they are for educational purposes ONLY and MUST NOT be used as the base for other levels without prior permission of the respective author.
- Phillip’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The map MUST have a proper name.
- The map MUST have a proper filename: entryname_tlc18_c2.bsp
- Submit a mapname_readme.txt with your entry. Even if it is just your name and your entry, although you should try to create a proper one.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email without 24 hours of sending an entry, contact Phillip IMMEDIATELY.
In addition, any custom content must be able to be used in monetised playthrough videos posted on the internet.
This challenge was not sponsored. If you are an individual or company and interested in sponsoring a challenge, please contact Phillip ([email protected]) to discuss the options.
Please note that the panoramic images are 4MB each.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
Screenshots shown here have been taken from the Judges version and may differ slightly from the version you play.
They are also in alphabetical order, same as the maps in the judges version, and therefore will differ from the order you see the maps in the public version.
2Last 7 days
16Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?