“One of Gordy’s alternate adventures finds him in the company of a small group of scientists and a few barneys holed up in a cement bunker deep within the bowels of Black Mesa. It is shortly after the resonance cascade and as all hell breaks loose around them, they seal off the few exits, determined to work on solving the mess they’ve gotten into. Knowing full well of the military’s intentions they’re content to wait it out down here, their only immediate concern is keeping an adequate power supply. As luck would have it an old power grid is linked to a geothermal generator in this sector of the complex – It’s up to you to find it and get it going again. All that is known about the generator itself is that two slave computers have an auto-lock on the main steam feed valve. Good luck, God’s Speed…
- Title: The Ropes
- File Name: hl1-sp-the-ropes.7z
- Original File Name: kman100.zip
- Size : 1.55MB
- Author: Kevin Norton
- Date Released: 03 March 1999
You MUST have MapTap installed before using this link.
You can still use it with MapTap once you have downloaded it.
- Copy maps folder into your Half-Life/Valve folder. Don’t worry about overwriting anything.
- Copy k101tex.wad into your Half-Life/Valve folder.
- Launch Half-Life 1
- Open the console and type map kman101.
- Press enter/return or click the Submit button.
- Play and Enjoy.
If you require more help, please visit the Help page.
Taken from the readme, which I know 90% of players won’t read!
- Note the BIG warning sign on the crane. (It’s ugly as hell and a little hard to read – sorry didn’t have time to Wally me a new one!) Gordo may be scrawny, but he’s ~160# alone I’d say…
- Fuse? Try something to short out the coils – preferrably metal and almost player sized…
- The “AUX” switch opens the gate to the conveyer room and activates the drawbridge conveyer switch only.
- The big winch won’t work until you get the fuse problem solved.
- “Fan Unit 1” door – you walked past the only way to get the door open – it involves fire fighting equipment and a long shot. All other doors that don’t open on the first try in this level won’t open ever.
- Fan, try jumping from about halfway up the ladder, the blade you land on moves ~180 deg. while you’re in the air. You’ll probably take damage but that’s why the first aid is there. DON’T RUN on the blade!
- The “slave” comps are connected to the office comp w/ the reel to reel face, they’re the ones controlling the wheel gate… Both the big switch and the “turbine control” wheel must be on to fire up the generator.
- “Bob” the scientist is pretty hard to save, don’t worry about it, the door can’t be opened anyway.
- The exit door switch won’t work unless the big generator is running.
- Can’t open the gate? – try getting across the canal first.
- The canal requires you to make your own bridge – of sorts.
- After you get across the canal the first time, make sure Barney follows you across the bridge before you get close to the gate. I had a hell of a time getting this to work at all, and Barney will not work for you (ever) if he’s too far away when you touch the gate.
Click on the thumbnails below to open a 1024 pixel wide image. Sorry but the order of the screenshots got screwed up.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
0Last 7 days
7Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?