CromulentVille is the second 50-hour mapping challenge.
It contains 21 entries.
The focus of this theme was to create a perfectly cromulent map.
- Title: CromulentVille
- Filename: hl2-ep2-sp-50hmc-c2-cromulentville-v1.1
- Size : 138MB
- Author: Sockman, Omeqa, Ian Spadin AKA Idolon, Mark A.K.A. Strontvlieg, Rekurer, HeadCrλbbed, SharpOB, Lamarr, Michael McGee AKA HQDefault, Easimer, Ethosaur, Lucia, Clément Combier AKA Ttiki, Event Horizon AKA matt71490, Dirk Destiny, November, 1upD, Humam, Jacob Davis AKA Turret Cube, Mustea Dan AKA Sherp, CitadelCore
- Date Released: 05 May 2017
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
- Copy the hl2-ep2-sp-50hmc-c2-cromulentville folder into your …\Steam\SteamApps\Sourcemods\ folder.
- Start or restart Steam
- RTSL.50HMC.C2.CromulentVille should now be listed in your “Library” tab.
As the name suggests, the 50-hour maping challenge last 50 hours.
In general, the themes are very open in order to allow modders the chance to experiment with ideas.
Most maps are quite short.
Do not expect normal gameplay styles.
Often, mappers get too ambitious and never release the map they started working on.
With the 50-Hour deadline, I hoped that mappers would simply select a simple idea and build it.
Your task is to create a perfectly cromulent map.
Is your map silly? Absurd? Weird? Hilarious, crazy, or a complete joke? Great! These are all cromulent maps and they’re exactly what we’re looking for.
Use this opportunity to embiggen your creativity.
If your map leaves players saying, “WTF did I just play?” – perfect!
Make players laugh, make them cry – but make them FEEL something. You have 50 hours!
Listed as they are displayed in the mod itself:
Video Games by Sockman
Neon Speedster by Omeqa
Kaboom by Ian Spadin AKA Idolon
Subarctic Adventure by Mark A.K.A. Strontvlieg
Cook Some Toast by Rekurer
BrodyQuest by HeadCrλbbed
Cromuvator by SharpOB
High Explosive by Lamarr
The Road by Michael McGee AKA HQDefault
The Theft by Easimer
Manor of PTSD by Ethosaur
Obsolete by Lucia
Life by Clément Combier AKA Ttiki
Map Machine Broke by Event Horizon AKA matt71490
Mount Splashmore by Dirk Destiny
G-Mare by November
Embiggened by 1upD
Alpha 0.0.4.3 by by Humam
Lost Cosmonaut by Jacob Davis AKA Turret Cube
Beer by Mustea Dan AKA Sherp
Nevrin54 by CitadelCore
The order of the maps was generated via random.org
If you decide to use the Per-Map Opinion Images, please either watch the video below or use the SPECIFICALLY created CromlentVille-Review-Template.txt file. Thank you.
The winner will be announced soon.
DolmoTheDouglas is the judge for this challenge.
Which are your favourite top 5 maps fromCromulentVille?
- Nevrin54 by CitadelCore (1%, 3 Votes)
- Beer by Mustea Dan AKA Sherp (8%, 20 Votes)
- Lost Cosmonaut by Jacob Davis AKA Turret Cube (2%, 4 Votes)
- Alpha 0.0.4.3 by by Humam (2%, 6 Votes)
- Embiggened by 1upD (3%, 8 Votes)
- G-Mare by November (6%, 14 Votes)
- Mount Splashmore by Dirk Destiny (3%, 7 Votes)
- Map Machine Broke by Event Horizon AKA matt71490 (3%, 7 Votes)
- Life by Clément Combier AKA Ttiki (2%, 6 Votes)
- Obsolete by Lucia (3%, 8 Votes)
- Manor of PTSD by Ethosaur (17%, 42 Votes)
- The Theft by Easimer (4%, 11 Votes)
- The Road by Michael McGee AKA HQDefault (5%, 13 Votes)
- High Explosive by Lamarr (3%, 7 Votes)
- Cromuvator by SharpOB (2%, 6 Votes)
- BrodyQuest by HeadCrλbbed (7%, 17 Votes)
- Cook Some Toast by Rekurer (2%, 5 Votes)
- Subarctic Adventure by Mark A.K.A. Strontvlieg (2%, 5 Votes)
- Kaboom by Ian Spadin AKA Idolon (11%, 28 Votes)
- Neon Speedster by Omeqa (2%, 6 Votes)
- Video Games by Sockman (11%, 28 Votes)
Total Voters: 66
Brane Scan by Kelly Bailey from Half-Life 2
0.9 – Developers’ Version. First versions of maps. Internal Alpha version
1.0 – First public release. Contains a few updated maps (see below), two background images and two Steam Gridview images.
1.1 – Update map for BrodyQuest and fixed sound issue for the same map.
G-Mare: “Players with older computers may experience minor frame rate issues at points as I was unable to properly optimise due to time constraints. Sorry!”
Subarctic “Adventure: set in a subarctic location, the player has to fight a number of sometimes unexpected enemies.”
Nevrin54: “Laser puzzle may be a bit buggy, sorry this was very rushed since I was on a road trip half of the time I had to map this. Have fun!”
Manor of PTSD: “Credit to Reepblue for OldPunt textures + sound. I HIGHLY suggest playing with Vsync on as the lighting might cause annoying flickering in this map without (Unsure for others) Map uses content I had permission from creator to use + self made content. The map is based on a dream I had + weird random stuff mixed in. Thanks and have fun.”
Embiggened: “The van model was created by Tiop for my AnyVilleVille entry, the Last Commute. It was made using Propper.”
MANOR OF PTSD:
-fixes possible crash when opening door to the bathroom + door closing behind you.
-Fixed dying when falling down the hallway.
-Fixed some some texture problems, all that is missing is the RTSL graffiti required in the final version.
– Can no longer get door to the gnome bathroom stuck open.
– Expanded area of dream teleport trigger and relocated containment brush to bedroom door so the player can no longer move out of the trigger.
– Some small changes to text displays (Added credit and removed gnome bathroom’s “Uh…”)
I removed the game breaking bugs I knew of and fixed lighting issues on props.
COME SOME TOAST:
-tracktrain being usable by player
-being able to lose the can so you can’t finish the level
– Fixed sound issues
The RunThinkShootLive.Com introduction video was made by Jeff Muñoz (ThatoneJeff)” and he also significantly helped with logo design – thanks Jeff, you ROCK!
Two gridview images are included in this release.
Maximum two maps per mapper per competition.
The map must be original and not have been released publicly before.
The map must run in system with only Ep2 installed
By entering the competition you grant PlanetPhillip.Com & RunThinkShootLive.Com the right to release the map as part of the Ville Mod.
Maps must not appear before the release and for one month after the release of the mod.
No assets from retail games other than HL2, HL2: Ep1 or HL2: Ep2 are allowed.
Other assets are allowed with written permission from their original authors, which MUST be included in the entry.
Phillip’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
The map MUST have a proper name.
The map MUST have a proper filename: MapName_ABC.bsp (ABC is replaced with the code for the mapping challenge)
All entries must be sent to: [email protected] no later than the deadline.
This challenge was not sponsored. If you are an individual or company and interested in sponsoring a challenge, please contact Phillip ([email protected]) to discuss the options.
62Last 7 days
102Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?