You are Alexander Shepard; Corporal and a soldier of the Hazardous Environment Combat Unit.
You don’t know exactly what’s going on. But orders came in to pack up everything and head out for a highly classified mission.
The destination is Black Mesa Research Facility.
Nobody knows for sure what has happened down there but you will find out soon enough.
- Title: Military Duty
- Filename: hl1-sp-military-duty-v22.214.171.124z
- Size : 111MB
- Author: 23-down
- Date Released: 28 June 2015
- Date Updated: 28 August 2016
- This is my first release.
- This mod has linear map progression. I was never a fan of backtracking my way in Half-Life. I rather show new maps instead of the same ones over and over again.
- Recommended difficulty is hard — easy is simply put too easy as you will rush through the maps without probably ever dying just once.
- There are 3 minor glitches my mod suffers from. See below for more details.
- Try not to use noclip at all as you may break certain scripts within the maps unless of course you might get stuck in some walls or so. But I think I made the way always rather clear in most maps so path finding issues shouldn’t occur.
- Approximate playtime depending on your skill and if you linger around or not between one and two hours.
This mod has been designed to work with the Steam version of Half-Life NOT the WON version.
In various maps you will travel per train. Now I did try my best and in 90% of the cases it’s also working charming: But please do not jump around inside the train when a map change is about to happen. Also when the map is about to change stay on the front section of the train and not in the aft section. At least in 1 map I noticed that when you’re in the aft section of the train that the map transition wont always work. I don’t know why that is. Because the way I designed it the mapchange should trigger no matter where you’re standing. Also try to stay in the middle away from the walls to your left & right. After like 60 run throughs I experienced it one time that I got stuck inside the train walls after the map change. Better safe than sorry.
In one of the maps is an Osprey. If you’re very good you can kill it rather fast and easily. I’ve tried increasing it’s hitpoints. Unfortunately that’s hardcoded and can’t get changed without a custom code. So best not kill it immediately – in order not to ruin some tense moments. Though no worries the game will progress with or without it on the field.
There are some beams in one specific map. I noticed that after loading a game these beams are no longer working for some reason. But so far only then. I don’t know why that’s happening but it has to be a glitch by Half-Life. One that I can not fix. The issue simply makes no sense.
- Copy the Military_Duty_v1 folder into your …\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- Military Duty should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
MORE SCREENSHOTS COMING SOON
16Last 7 days
143Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?