“Dark Interval is a mod project that aims at restoring certain parts of older drafts of Half-Life 2 – namely, various original locations, characters and plot points that didn’t make it to the retail version.
This mod is intended to provide a complete game experience; rather than restoring disparate bits and pieces, the team instead aims at building a complete and stylistically coherent world by drawing inspiration from many original concepts and drafts provided by Valve in their book Raising the Bar.
This naturally involves filling some blanks and discarding some failed or played out designs. Dark Interval doesn’t include original levels found in the “leaked” version of Half-Life 2, and instead features brand new maps which were built from the ground up – it was decided that this was the only way to make them both stand out and be actually modern and not just modernised fix-ups.”
Text taken from the ModDB page.
- Title: Dark Interval: Part 1
- Filename: hl2-ep2-sp-dark-interval-part-1-inc-patch-1.1.7z
- Size : 746MB
- Author: Cvoxalury and A-Shift
- Date Released: 19 October 2017
I have named the file with the prefix “hl2-ep2” to ensure it works with Gauge, but it DOES NOT require Episode Two.
You Must enable ‘-upcoming’ beta option for Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer. This can be done via Tools->Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer->Settings.
This file is too large to use with Gauge directly. I limit the file size to around 25MB.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
- Copy the darkinterval-release folder into your …\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\ folder.
- You Must enable ‘-upcoming’ beta option for Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer. This can be done via Tools->Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer->Settings.
- Start or Restart Steam.
- Dark Interval | Part 1 should now be listed in your Library tab.
3Last 7 days
13Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?