We all read and watch plenty of other amazing stories and ideas.
The thought of using them as inspiration for maps is an interesting one.
This theme came about from a suggestion made on the RTSL site.
The following was taken from the announcement post:
I want you to make a map that crosses over between a Half-Life game and another game. Now, when I say crosses over, I mean uses something from that other game. It could be a location, a story element, a gameplay style – almost anything.
The map should start with a black screen, onto which appears the map’s name. Ideally, the end should fade to black with the name of the game it uses as inspiration appearing in text.
In addition, I would like some subtle G-man sightings and/or at least one secret area.
The crossover could be between the Half-Life games themselves or other games.
I DO NOT expect mappers to use new textures or models etc. I fully understand this is not fair within the time frame. In fact, NO assets from other games are allowed unless legal.
The winning map will be the one that uses a clever crossover but is also well-made and fun to play.
- Title: CrossoverVille
- Filename: hl2-ep2-sp-mc-crossoverville.7z
- Size : 153MB
- Author: Niker107, Jacob Heywood, Daniel Friend, LifeLost, melc311, Abraham Lee AKA Lhonnyboy, Guitarman
- Date Released: 20 December 2015
- Copy the CrossoverVille folder into your …\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\ folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- CrossoverVille should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
In Chapter order.
- Construct Conspiracy by Niker107.
- Deadmines by Jacob Heywood
- The Hunter’s Dream by Daniel Friend
- Gnome Heist by LifeLost
- Mesa by melc311
- Quid Pro Quo by Abraham Lee AKA Lhonnyboy
- Duke by Guitarman
Brane Scan by Kelly Bailey from Half-Life 2
The RunThinkShootLive.Com intro video was made by ĜL1TCĦ³
This challenge was sponsored by Nodecraft – High Performance Game Servers.
Receive 15% off your first month by clicking the link above.
Various Steam and Origin games.
Seven gridview icons are included in this file. To use the included grid view icon, select “Gridview” in Steam (top right corner). Right click on “CrossoverVille” and select “Set Custom Image”. Then browse to the SourceMods folder and then to CrossoverVille/steam-gridview-icons folder and select the image. Then click “Set Image” and that’s it.
Of course, you can create your own custom image if you prefer.
The challenge started 25th November 2015 at 10am GMT and finished Monday 14th December 10pm GMT
This time the first prize won’t be games, but a set of three HL/Portal inspired prints. The winner will have to buy the frames, but I think it’s a better prize than just a game.
There might be second and third place prizes depending on the number of entries.
In the original announcement, I said that I and an anonymous judge would decide the winner, hoerver, due to circumstances beyond my control, it has been decided that the winner will be chosen by public vote. Sorry for the confusion.
- Maximum two maps per mapper per challenge.
- The map must be original and not have been released publicly before.
- The map must run in system with only Ep2 installed
- By entering the competition you grant PlanetPhillip.Com & RunThinkShootLive.Com the right to release the map as part of the CrossoverVille Mod.
- Maps must not appear before the release and for one month after the release of the mod.
- No assets from retail games other than HL2, HL2: Ep1 or HL2: Ep2 are allowed.
- Other assets are allowed with written permission from their original authors, which MUST be included in the entry.
- Phillip’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The map MUST have a proper name.
- The map MUST have a proper filename: MapName_cov.bsp
- All entries must be sent to: [email protected] no later than the deadline.
Voting ends 31st December at 23:59.
8Last 7 days
191Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?