Welcome to the very first (hopefully of many!) Black Mesa Mapping Challenge.
This release features 9 maps, each based around the theme of “What’s behind that door?”.
Mappers had to create a map that used a previously locked door from the retail game.
Unlike standard Source mods, this release features a special way to install the maps – don’t worry, it’s not difficult, just different. This is due to the game itself, not something I have changed. There are text and video installation instructions.
GO PLAY IT!
This has been updated to version 1.2 – see below.
- Title: BlackMesaDoorVille
- Filename: black-mesa-doorville-v1.2.7z
- Size : 61.30MB
- Author: Derek Jones AKA Taz AKA Tazed, JamaicanDave, WALLe PL, SNW, Seji-Evan, HeadCrλbbed, Tim Age AKA HashtagMC & Andrew Brown AKA Rookzilla, OJJ, HighFire
- Date Released: 29 August 2017
- Anyone Else Here? by Derek Jones AKA Taz AKA Tazed
- Uncharted Territory by JamaicanDave
- Maintenance Complex by WALLe PL
- Forget About Freeman (Alternate) by SNW
- An Extra Step by Seji-Evan
- Premature Evacuation by HeadCrλbbed
- Thanks, Buddy! by Tim Age AKA HashtagMC & Andrew Brown AKA Rookzilla
- Due Processing by OJJ
- The One Free Door by HighFire
Dolmo The Douglas and Crowbar were the judges for this challenge.
This challenge was won by Uncharted Territory from JamaicanDave – congratulations to him.
Unlike The Hammer Cup, this stand alone challenge doesn’t have points.
I would also like to thank Crowbar for providing the solution to the format of release.
If you decide to use the Per-Map Opinion Images, please either watch the video below or use the SPECIFICALLY created BlackMesaDoorVille-Review-Template.txt file. Thank you.
Sorry but Gauge currently doesn’t cover Black Mesa maps or mods.
If you require more help, just ask, but please read and follow the instructions carefully or watch the video first – thanks.
- Locate and open your Black Mesa installation folder. For example, mine is D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Black Mesa\.
- Open the black-mesa-doorville.7z file.
- In it you will see two folders: bms and platform.
- The platform folder contains a file which will overwrite a file in your installation. This is NOT a problem, but if you are unhappy about this follow the Optional Step below.
- Optional Step: In your Black Mesa installation folder, open the platform folder, then open the resource folder. Rename GameMenu.res to GameMenu-original.res. This means your original file will not be over-written – but honestly, it’s not a problem.
- Copy the bms folder into your Black Mesa folder. IT will say that you already have the same folders in there, don’t worry, you are only adding new files, so just say YES.
- Launch Black Mesa
- You now have a new menu item: BONUS MAPS (That’s what the GameMenu.res files was.
- Select BONUS MAPS.
- This will bring up a new window.
- Select the BlackMessaDOorVille RTSL folder.
- You will now see all the entries and can select them in any order.
- Play and ejoy!
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
All images 1600×900
More images coming soon.
22Last 7 days
73Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?