Automated enemies never get tired, never get scared and never doubt themselves.
You face three different scenarios where your only adversaries are automated enemies.
They require a different approach to live enemies; patience and thoughtfulness. Running and Gunning most likely won’t work.
Good Luck, you’re gonna need it.
For this challenge, I want you to create a map that ONLY* includes automated enemies.
The key is to create a map where the player feels that they are being drawn into an area, perhaps seemingly deserted, that constantly challenges their skill and planning.
I am NOT looking for Portal-style rooms where the play must simply escape.
It is important to create a map where the automated weapons feel naturally located and used.
I fully understand that some would seem to require Combine architecture or setting, but I also feel that with a little imagination they could be included in almost any setting. Even something like a forest setting could use floor turrets to guard a secret lab or base.
The Overwatch Nexus is a good example of the type of map I would love to play.
* You can use other enemies in the map BUT the player MUST NOT be able to interact with them directly. For example, you could see headcrabs or zombies in an area where they can’t attack you, same for Combine soldiers. They could be seen running through a building, but again, they must not be able to attack you.
I actually feel that the real challenge of this theme will be to create an interesting and active finale.
- Suppression Device
- Combine Ceiling Turret
- Combine Ground Turret
- Combine Sentry Gun
- Headcrab Shell (NO HEADCRABS ALLOWED THOUGH!)
- City Scanner (Probably for distraction)
- Hopper Mine
- Combine Laser Tripmine
The entries within are listed as they are in the mod:
Work In Progress by Devin Tromblee (Screenshots 1-5)
Undefined Index by Neo Kabuto (Screenshots 6-15)
Encryption by Nitro Ham (Screenshots 16-25)
Houston by Christiaan Bakker AKA Anicator.
The PlanetPhillip.Com intro video was made by Spartan301
- Title: AutoVille
- File Name: hl2-ep2-sp-mc-autoville.7z
- Size : 13.3MB
- Author: Devin Tromblee, Neo Kabuto and Nitro Ham
- Date Released: 25 September 2014
You MUST have MapTap installed before using this link.
You can still use it with MapTap once you have downloaded it.
- Copy the AutoVille folder into your SourceMods folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- Silent Escape should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
Click on the tabs below to select the size of screenshot you would like.
All sizes are the same screenshots, just in different resolutions.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
1Last 7 days
11Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?