Here is the first mapping challenge in the Mesa Cup.
The release contains 5 entries.
For this challenge, entrants needed to create a map whose main layout is a loop: the player had to return to where they had started. As usual, it was the journey that counted.
For full details of the announcement, please see the original theme announcement.
- Title: The Loop Complex
- Filename: mesa-cup-c1-the-loop-complex-updated-june.7z
- Size : 41.00MB
- Author: Derek Jones AKA Taz AKA Taz, JamaicanDave, supernocho AKA Nick, Elvio Santangelo AKA Darakuu, Maki
- Date Released: 03 March 2018
Sorry but Gauge currently doesn’t cover Black Mesa maps or mods.
If you require more help, just ask, but please read and follow the instructions carefully or watch the video first – thanks.
- Locate and open your Black Mesa installation folder. For example, mine is D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Black Mesa\.
- Open the mesa-cup-c1-the-loop-complex.7z file.
- In it you will see two folders: bms and platform.
- The platform folder contains a file which will overwrite a file in your installation. This is NOT a problem, but if you are unhappy about this follow the Optional Step below.
- Optional Step: In your Black Mesa installation folder, open the platform folder, then open the resource folder. Rename GameMenu.res to GameMenu-original.res. This means your original file will not be over-written – but honestly, it’s not a problem.
- Copy the bms folder into your Black Mesa folder. You may receive a message saying that you already have the same folders in there, don’t worry, you are only adding new files, so just say YES.
- Launch Black Mesa
- You now have a new menu item: BONUS MAPS (That’s what the GameMenu.res files was.
- Select BONUS MAPS.
- This will bring up a new window.
- Select the Mesa Cup: C1: The Loop Complex folder.
- You will now see all the entries and can select them in any order.
- Play and enjoy!
- Another Route by Derek Jones AKA Taz
- Cold Storage by JamaicanDave
- Conflicted Interest by supernocho AKA Nick
- Emergency by Elvio Santangelo AKA Darakuu
- Oasis by Maki
Dolmo The Douglas, Crowbar, Chon Kemp (Crowbar Collective), Ben AKA trumanji (Crowbar Collective) and Phillip are the judges for this challenge.
This was a tough challenge to judge. Full details of the criteria used can be seen on The Mesa Cup homepage.
In First place with 99 points is JamaicanDave for Cold Storage
In second place with 98 points is Maki for Oasis
In third place with 65 points is supernocho AKA Nick for Conflicted Interest
Full details of the scores, including a breakdown of the categories (but not by judge) can be found on The Mesa Cup: Public Google spreadsheet.
If you decide to use the Per-Map Opinion Images, please either watch the video below or use the SPECIFICALLY created the-loop-complex-review-template.txt file. Thank you.
The compressed archive contains the readme files for each entry as well as the VMFs. These are included for educational purposes ONLY and MUST NOT be use for ANY other use.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers. All images 1600×900 pixels
19Last 7 days
81Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?