The NewBlackMesaVille theme was pretty simple: Create a map with the feel of Black Mesa but try to make it seem new with new textures or just interesting layout.
This map was the only entry into the NewBlackMesaVille mapping competition. A few others promised to send entries, but circumstance got in the way. They all promised to release their work at some point in the future.
I have included more screenshots than I would normally for a map this size, because I took a good look around and wanted to record all the interesting points.
Be warned, there is no “actual” combat.
- Title: NewBlackMesaVille
- File Name: hl1-sp-ppmc-newblackmesaville.7z
- Size : 1.87MB
- Author: Ian Ortiz AKA Soctom
- Date Released: 03 April 2012
You MUST have MapTap installed before using this link.
You can still use it with MapTap once you have downloaded it.
- Copy soctom_pp_nbmville01.bsp and soctom_pp_nbmville02.bsp into your Half-Life 1 Maps folder.
- Copy graphs folder into your Half-Life 1 Maps folder.
- Launch Half-Life 1
- Open the console and type map soctom_pp_nbmville01.
- Press enter/return or click the Submit button.
- Play and Enjoy.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
Click on the thumbnails below to open a 1024 pixel wide image.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
4Last 7 days
12Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?