Lever Softworks brings together leaked maps and specially created demo maps (by them) into one pack.
It’s not a story-driven experience, maps must be loaded manually via the menu (NOT console, don’t worry!), some maps do not even have combat or interaction, but others do.
All in all, it’s an interesting experience but do not expect a mod in the traditional sense.
Please note, this is NOT the same release as Jim Partridge’s Aftermath, it just happens to share the same name.
Release 1 of the mod contains:
- 11 levels created by Valve between 2012 and 2013, intended for Half-Life 3. Keep in mind that these levels were gameplay experiments, not actual storyline based levels.
- 4 demonstration levels created by Lever Softworks to show various functions and NPCs not seen in those levels.
- hl2eb_weapon_proto1_debug, a command which toggles the Developer Console spam created by weapon_proto1.
- npc_combine_armored, an Armored Combine Soldier, intended for Episode 3.
- npc_wpnscanner, a City Scanner with a laser gun, intended for Episode 3.
weapon_proto1, a Combine laser-gun that shoot through walls, intended for Episode 3.
Unfortunately, npc_surface could not be included in mod, as they do not have the sufficient source code. For more information, consult the mod’s ReadMe.txt file.
- This mod requires Half-Life 2: Episode One and Half-Life 2: Episode Two to be installed and working.
- This mod also requires Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer, with the beta branch set to “upcoming”.
I have listed this as Episode Two Mod for ease of categorisation, rather than as a strict description of its requirements.
This mod should be played in conjunction with watching this Valve News Network video, “The Half-Life 3 Beta Map Leak”:
There is also a Questions & Answers page on ModDB.
This file is too large to download directly into Gauge but can be used with it once you have it on your computer.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
- Copy the HL2-Aftewmath folder into your …\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\ folder.
- Start or restart Steam
- Half-Life 2: Aftermath should now be listed in your LIBRARY tab.
Here is a blind playthrough, with commentary, of some maps. It is not meant to be an extensive playthrough of all the maps.
If I get time, I’ll add a couple of panoramic images.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
1Last 7 days
11Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?