These short 2 maps came second in TWHL’s Test Chamber Mapping Competition back in November 2005.
You play no part in the introduction of the sample at the beginning but once the shit hits the fan, it’s up to you to find a way out.
I accept that there is no combat in these maps and therefore technically they shouldn’t be listed on the site, but I felt there was enough puzzle elements ad the fact that it’s set in Black Mesa was justification to include it.
Here is the original brief: “For this competition, you must build a functioning and original test chamber, similar to the one in HL where everything goes wrong. There should be a specimen of some description being tested, and then everything should go horribly wrong (again). You can include other sections in the map if you wish, but you shouldn’t let that detract you from making a detailed and original test chamber.”
- Title: Energy Testing Chamber
- Filename: hl1-sp-energy-testing-chamber.7z
- Original Filename: 017_alexb911.zip
- Size : 0.98MB
- Author: alexb911
- Date Released: 04 November 2005
You can still use it with MapTap once you have downloaded it.
- Copy the energy_testchamber1.bsp and energy_testchamber1.bsp files into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life\valve\maps folder.
- Launch Half-Life 1.
- Open the console and type map energy_testchamber1 and press enter.
If you require more help, including how to enable the console, please visit the Technical Help page.
Click on the thumbnails below to open a 1024 pixel wide image.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
0Last 7 days
1Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?