The latest Map Labs challenge is Back on Track, where the challenge was to create an interesting way to have the player backtrack through an area or even the entire map – a classic map design pattern. Yep, somewhat in the vein of BackTrackVille but certainly its own challenge. (But the next full Map Labs challenge is a collaboration with us here at RTSL, so keep your eyes out for that!)
This time there were a whopping 19 entries (including bonus maps, and a fantastic background map). Enjoy!
As always, if you’re interested in learning more about Map Labs and maybe even participate in their upcoming challenges, visit the Map Labs Discord!
- Title: Back on Track
- Filename: sdk-2013-sp-mlc-backontrack.7z
- Size : 548 MB
- Author: TestPseudonym, MrShank, HighFire, krassell, Sarif, CertifiablyInsane, shoes, PercyVader, AG42, Matt71490 AKA Event Horizon, BeefBacon, Yaybe, Lassi, Strontvlieg, Ada G//Adakam, Jakob // Tea, Pookaball, Gravity Cat, Melomaniac
- Date Released: 13 June 2020
- Make sure you have the Upcoming branch of the Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer installed in Steam and run at least once. (Properties – Betas – select upcoming from the dropdown list).
- Copy the “backontrack” folder into your SourceMods folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- Back on Track should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you decide to use the Per-Map Opinion Images, feel free to use the file below as a template:
Listed as they are displayed in the mod itself:
Dihydrogen Monoxide by TestPseudonym
GHOST SHIP by MrShank
Retreat & Advance by HighFire
Extra Untilted by krassell
Scavenger by Sarif
Ruby Retriever by CertifiablyInsane
Combine Overwatch Dispatch City Seventeen by shoes
Amateur Labs by PercyVader
Raw Sewage by AG42
Lockdown by Matt71490 AKA Event Horizon
Cold Hard Steele by BeefBacon
Prisoner X by Yaybe
Sabotage by Lassi
Double-barreled Factor by Strontvlieg
Chairful by Ada G//Adakam (bonus map)
(in)stabilitea by Jakob // Tea (bonus map)
Gristleizer by Pookaball (bonus map)
Hurricane by Gravity Cat (bonus map)
Trespasser by Melomaniac (bonus map)
Main background map by Demo
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
Each map has 5 screenshots.
5Last 7 days
35Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?