The Map Labs challenges come in a bunch of sizes – Atoms being the shortest challenges at 24 (or 48) hours. Back in March 2021, they ran a straight week composed of 5 Atom challenges.
We at RTSL collaborated with the Map Labs crew again for a couple of these Atoms – AscentVille and ElevatorVille 2. AscentVille was an unused idea back in the Hammer Cup days, and we thought ElevatorVille 2 would be an appropriate theme to interpret for such a short mapping challenge. Can’t Stop Won’t Stop, Gravity, and The Emoji Theme fill out the rest of the Atom Week themes – plus a handful of bonus maps as well.
Anyway, here is the full Atom Week release! Enjoy a whopping 57 short-form maps!
As always, if you’re interested in learning more about Map Labs and maybe even participate in their upcoming challenges, visit the Map Labs Discord.
- Title: Atom Week (AscentVille, Can’t Stop Won’t Stop, Gravity, ElevatorVille 2, and The Emoji Theme)
- Filename: sdk-2013-sp-mlc-atomweek.7z
- Size : 703 MB
- Author: Employee8, AtomicSpeedFT, fossil2020, Gravity Cat, Pancaked, Attack Slug, Sam Ricker AKA Startacker, Dyghaus, krassell, StookyPotato, Tacarish, Holly Liberatore, OfficiallyOusted, Soulmoose, Duck, TankiFlo, shoes, rowleto, samisalreadytaken, Reiid, Hail Hazmat, PercyVader, sci_pain03.wav, Tiop, timCopwell, Analgen, aaaaaaa, Caleb West AKA CW3D, Jakob // Tea, Sergey, xyclone482, Sarif, b0rk, chanoc, Ethosaur, Nukedrabbit95, beefbacon, White_Red_Dragons
- Date Released: 24 April 2021
- Make sure you have the Upcoming branch of the Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer installed in Steam and run at least once. (Properties – Betas – select upcoming from the dropdown list).
- Copy the atomweek, mapbase_shared, mapbase_hl2, and mapbase_episodic folders into your SourceMods folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- Atom Week should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you decide to use the Per-Map Opinion Images, feel free to use the files below as templates:
Dynamic Skills by Employee8
Rained by AtomicSpeedFT
Lifted by fossil2020
Viral Reconnaissance by Gravity Cat
Wathabah by Pancaked
Profaned Fortress by Attack Slug
OREAMNOS by Sam ‘Startacker’ Ricker
Brickmound by Dyghaus
Concrete Mini-lith by krassell
The Big Picture by StookyPotato
Cove by Tacarish
Climbing the Corporate Ladder by Holly Liberatore
then it is a distant cawing by OfficiallyOusted
Rite of Heaven by Soulmoose
Desolation by Duck
Y.A.S.P. by TankiFlo
Not Raining on the Box by AtomicSpeedFT
growing louder or coming nearer by OfficiallyOusted
レーベンホルムには行きたい… by shoes
CONTRABAND: Canal by rowleto
Border Reflections by Employee8
SWARM by samisalreadytaken
FreemanWave ’98 by Reiid
Desolation 2 by Duck
Scrap Metal by Gravity Cat
Ms. Gravity Cat’s Introductory Lesson to Gravitational Science by Gravity Cat
Repercussion by Hail Hazmat
Raiders of the Temple of the Crusade by PercyVader
Xen Again by sci_pain03.wav
Specific Gravity by Tiop
TAKEOFF by timCopwell
Undeveloped by Analgen
Spacewalk by aaaaaaa
tells of crows returning inland by OfficiallyOusted
Desolation 3 by Duck
Ascension Mishaps by CW3D (Caleb West)
Loud their voices, bold their clamor by OfficiallyOusted
Redolance by Jakob // Tea
Evilator nightmares by Sergey
The Outside by Holly Liberatore
Desolation 4 by Duck
Descent by Gravity Cat
Hida by Gravity Cat
Desolation 5 by Duck
Sacrificial Chamber by Attack Slug
Normalitea by Jakob // Tea
Just smile by Employee8
dancingladiesmaptoohours by Tacarish
silent only when the night comes by xyclone482
Under Cover of Night by Sarif
Stasis by b0rk
Juggle by chanoc
Escape from Ringworld by sci_pain03.wav
A Stroll Through Themes by Ethosaur
Going Up by Nukedrabbit95
Deep Space Salvage by beefbacon
Friday On Gnomes Street by White_Red_Dragons
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
Huge thanks to Chris W for the screenshots!
5Last 7 days
18Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?