Gordon finds himself in the questionable territories of the Biodome Complex, but his goal of escaping Black Mesa remain the same.
- Title: Superbus Via Inscientiae
- Filename: bm-sp-superbus-via-inscientiae-v110.7z
- Size : 42.60MB
- Author: Kevin J. Rattman
- Date Released: 05 September 2016
The following details are taken from the readme.txt, found in the archive
All music in the map were composed by Joel Nielsen.
Visit his website at http://www.joelnielsen.com/.
– VERSION 1.1.0. (August 15th, 2016, RTSL Release) –
* Cleaned up the cluttered face-oriented textures at the transit station. Also gave higher lightmap on certain textures there for more realistic lighting.
* Fixed decals being cut by a ventilation opening in C04 (Hazmat 01) Lab.
* Fixed a Barnacle’s skin is stuck on space between ceiling and the wall in the basement scene.
* Gave surrounding walls near the whiteboard a higher lightmap for more realistic lighting effect.
* Thinned the broken glass shatters in the security chambers.
* Fixed a health kit and a battery being stuck into the box in the second battle arena.
* Fixed NPC collision bug where NPCs can get stuck on top of a prop in the lobby scene (one with the X-Ray picture).
* Partially fixed a bug where grenade/satchel charges would not destroy explosives in the basement scene (by adding a hidden Tripmine).
* Alarm lights will no longer turn off when you face the XLC (Xenian Laser Cannon).
* The battle supplies will no longer spawn until the battle is initiated.
* The speedrun achievement “GONE IN TWENTY MINUTES!” is now renamed and reduced to 16 minutes. It also will now count time spent in the first decon chamber.
** COMBAT BALANCE
* Major difficulty balancing for the second battle scene – reworked the entire scene from the ground up. There are less marines and aliens participating in the battle. The combat should be much more easier for the first time players. But it is still challenging and you still might die if you are not careful.
* Added supplies in the corridor section for easier health/battery access during the second battle scene.
* Manning the turret machine gun will no longer spawn extra hordes of enemies.
* Scientists and Security Guards now have lower health hit points to accommodate lower difficulty. They now have 300 HP, 600 if players attained the achievement reward (prev: 400 and 800 respectively).
* The four turrets in the PSI chamber now have higher health hit points to make the battle easier. They now have 50 HP, 100 if players attained the achievement reward (prev: 40 and 80 respectively).
* Removed certain excessive ammunitions in the second battle scene and the XLC scene.
* Scientists and Security Guards no longer have a super-vision.
* More health supplies are now available in XLC scene.
* Partially fixed a bug where scientists would rush into the war-zone during the battle.
* The XLC has slightly more delay when firing (doubled). This should allow players to successfully dodge the laser if they are skilled enough, but it still shouldn’t be an easy target. The cannon fires at its default fire rate initially, but once player gets to a vantage point, it will start fire slower, allowing players to attack it more safely.
* PSI marine squad settings was revamped. There are less marines now.
* Houndeyes now may spawn in PSI chamber battle, replacing certain vortigaunts.
* Removed the Turret Redemption Squad in the XLC scene.
* Removed an Alien Grunt from OSI 08 Lab.
* Replaced the Assassin battle as it was proven to be too challenging for players. Now there are considerably weaker enemies.
– VERSION 1.0.0. (August 12th, 2016, BM Forum Release) –
* Initial Release.
* Contact me (the creator) at http://steamcommunity.com/id/KevinJRattman/
* Huge thanks to Joel Nielsen for letting me use his non-BM music on my map!
* Average expected playtime: 40 minutes.
* Number of edicts used: Over 2700!
* Speedrun record: About 18 minutes in hard mode, think you can beat it?
* Time spent making: Over 8 months, from Sunday, December 20th, 2015 to Friday, August 12th, 2016. However there was a long hiatus from Match to June, so the actual time spent is less. The majority of work was done from December to February, while the testing and bug fixing was done from July to August. I worked almost 9-to-5 during the very last minute of the development!
* This map is currently exclusively released both to the Black Mesa forum (forums.blackmesasource.com) and PlanetPhillip’s runthinkshootlive.com. I plan to upload the map on Black Mesa Steam Workshop in the future.
* For now, I, personally believe this map is very easy. So I do not think of making any walkthrough video. But well, if people find the map a bit too hard, or it seems like people are unable to pass through certain point or miss some achievements, I will consider making one.
* Please note that I made this map for my personal joy sorely. I did not even intend releasing it until the very last stage. Now, I tried my best to fix every bug possible, but, I’m not the best mapper out there. So being an inexperienced modder, I wasn’t able to tackle certain performance related bugs. So you may see one or two framedrops in certain parts of the map. I ironed out most of them though.
* The screenshots were taken in the early 2016, and therefore may not exactly depict the current version of the map, as I made various minor changes in the map since then. However, the basic layout and the general key-areas are all still there.
* No aliens nor scientists/security guards were actually harmed during the making of this map.
Q: I have a very crude sudden lag when starting the map for the first time, although it removes away itself. How do I fix this?
A: Exit the map (do so via “disconnect” console input) enter in console command “async_mode 1”, then load the map again.
Q: How the hell do I beat the marine/aliens battle while still having all the scientists/guards survive?!
A: Keep the scientists and the guard in the decontamination chamber and simply wait out until only one of them remains. Be careful not to draw attention too much.
Q: How do I successfully climb up a ladder while in a vent?
A: When you are on top of the ladder, press and hold these buttons in order: W, Ctrl, and Space bar.
Q: Why is there a ladder in a vent anyway?
A: It’s a game.
Q: Where are all the four levers for the turret controls?
A: Two are on the ground, and two are underwater. The ground ones are each located in front of the control panel and inside one of the 50 cal room. The underwater ones are each located to the right of the main entrance and near the health/suit chargers. I will tell you, though. You did not need to look for FAQ to know this, as I also have put in-game hints on where they are.
Q: Why the alien turrets don’t seem like being damaged by Tau Cannons / Gluon Guns?
A: The alien turrets are energy-based enemy. You wouldn’t kill a Charmander with a fire attack, no? Try using different weapons like bullets or explosives. If you run out of explosives, here’s a hint. Try backtrack up to where you seen the bullsquid in the decon chamber. Hopefully you’ll find a whiteboard with a hint written on it.
Q: What is the requirements for the speedrun achievement?
A: You must complete the level from the moment where the chapter title appears and up to the last vent crawling area with dead assassin in it. You must complete the course under twenty (20) minutes. When you pause the game, the timer will also pause. When you load a save file, the timer will reset to the state of the save file. For example, if you saved on the 5 minutes mark and load up on the 10 minutes mark, the timer resets back to 5 minutes.
Q: How do I complete certain achievements? They seem impossible!
A: They are possible.
Bugs that are labeled as (game bug) means the bug is on the main game side, and therefore I cannot fix it. Crowbar Collective, #plsfix.
If you find any bugs, report them to me!
* AI – NPCs may think closed blast doors are open and will try go through.
* PERFORMANCE – Frame drops when ceiling turrets shoot at stuffs.
* VISUAL – During the flooded vent / PSI chamber area, the sun’s godrays may be seen through opaque textures underwater (game bug).
* VISUAL – Some portals do not have dynamic lighting (game bug – not consistent!).
There are total fifteen unique achievements that can be obtained in this map. Try to hunt them all! Note that certain achievements are mutually obtainable – obtaining one may disable the other.
If you do not want spoilers, stop reading here. Achievement details follows.
Let all 5 survivors perish.
(02)COMMODIOUS RESCUE SQUAD
Help all 5 survivors to the safety.
Destroy 33 TVs in the map.
(04) YUKITO’S PLEASURE
Participate in the ARG.
(05) GONE IN SIXTEEN MINUTES!
Complete the level within 16 minutes.
(06 )REVOLVER OCELOT
Obtain the hidden, secret Revolver.
(07) FIX IT DENIZ
Find and use the broken computer at Doctor Hillard’s office.
(08) PRINCIPLES OF TURRET CONTROLS
Activate all 4 turrets in the P.S.I. chamber.
(09) TRUST NO ONE
Attack the friendly guys.
(10) 4 NON BLONDES SING…
What’s up here?
(11) NEVER GONNA LET YOU IN
Attempt to open locked doors.
(12) CHARGER DEFEATED
Destroy a health charger.
(13) HYPOCRITIC OATH
Let an unarmed poor civilian die.
(14) A REDEMPTION FROM HELL
”Kill” a zombified soldier.
(15) ACROSS THE BORDERWORLD
Obtain the hidden, secret Jump Module.
Currently, Gauge cannot install Black Mesa releases.
This map will NOT work for the free legacy version of Black Mesa. This map will ONLY work for the NEWEST version of STEAM Black Mesa (Surface Tension: Uncut update version).
If the map crashes with edict error, you must be running either free or older version of Black Mesa.
This map heavily relies on the new engine features available only on retail Black Mesa.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
The video below contains full installation instructions.
- If you don’t already have one, create a folder called “custom” in the “bms” folder of your Black Mesa retail installation folder.
- Copy the SVI.vpk file into the “custom” folder
- OPTIONAL FOR SUBTITLES: If you don’t already have one, create a “resources” folder in the “bms” folder of your Black Mesa retail installation folder.
- Create “closecaption_english.dat” into the “resources” folder.
- Open the “gameinfo.txt” file found in the “bms” folder with a TEXT EDITOR, not word processor.
- Add “game+mod bms/custom/*” to the “// Black Mesa VPK files.” section if it is not there.
- Launch Black Mesa
- Open the console and type map bm_c2a4x and now press ENTER.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
7Last 7 days
19Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?