Another Test Tube (short challenge) from Map Labs here. This one simply asked mappers to make a small map that would fit within one billion units. For non-mappers, one unit is roughly an inch, so this works out to a cube about 20-25 meters on a side. But the challenge was only for total volume, so making an incredibly vertical map with a smaller footprint was also fine. Similar to our 1 Billion Units EMC – but we certainly don’t claim to have invented the concept!
There were 13 entries, here they are!
As always, if you’re interested in learning more about Map Labs and maybe even participate in their upcoming challenges, visit the Map Labs Discord.
- Title: 1,000,000,000 Units
- Filename: sdk-2013-sp-mlc-1e9units.7z
- Size : 128 MB
- Author: Matt71490 AKA Event Horizon, Reiid AKA Reid Laxdal, Skorly, Jakob // Tea, peep, Steven Cabbage, PercyVader, Nicholas ‘Viridian’ Nakano, ThatsRidonkulous, David ‘MapGenorator’ Blout, DeanAmythe, The_Blazer
- Date Released: 6 July 2019
- Make sure you have the Upcoming branch of the Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer installed in Steam and run at least once. (Properties – Betas – select upcoming from the dropdown list).
- Copy the onebillionunits folder into your SourceMods folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- One Billion Units should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you decide to use the Per-Map Opinion Images, feel free to use the file below as a template:
Listed as they are displayed in the mod itself:
Stratosphere Metro by Matt71490 AKA Event Horizon
Hilbert’s Hotel by Reiid AKA Reid Laxdal
Mine Outpost by Skorly
Diversitea by Jakob // Tea
The District by peep
Incurable by Steven Cabbage
The Engine of a Film by PercyVader
U-Boat by Nicholas ‘Viridian’ Nakano
Mousetrap by ThatsRidonkulous
Countryside Combat by Steven Cabbage
The Tower by David ‘MapGenorator’ Blout
Extraction by DeanAmythe
Beach Hunt by The_Blazer (bonus map)
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
Each map has 5 screenshots. Thanks to Coralilac for providing the screenshots!
9Last 7 days
70Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?