After the rousing success of Half-Life: Abridged, the Map Labs crew ran a broader challenge to abridge popular Half-Life mods instead of the official games. The list of mods available to entrants was huge (too long to list here!) but it covered a wide variety of HL1 mods, HL2 mods, and even several small and single-map mods.
So here’s Abridged All-Stars, with 11 entrants!
As always, if you’re interested in learning more about Map Labs and maybe even participate in their upcoming challenges, visit the Map Labs Discord.
- Title: Half-Life: Abridged All-Stars
- Filename: sdk-2013-sp-mlc-hlabridgedallstars.7z
- Size : 656 MB
- Author: Bogdan Barantiev, Gravity Cat, TankiFlo, Matt71490 AKA Event Horizon, Shalashaska, airrice, lukkasz323, Tacarish, Redzombie18, roman_memes, FloppyFins, beefbacon, Melomaniac
- Date Released: 21 February 2021
- Make sure you have the Upcoming branch of the Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer installed in Steam and run at least once. (Properties – Betas – select upcoming from the dropdown list).
- Copy the abridgedallstars, mapbase_shared, mapbase_hl2, and mapbase_episodic folders into your SourceMods folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- Abridged All-Stars should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you decide to use the Per-Map Opinion Images, feel free to use the file below as a template:
Listed as they are displayed in the mod itself:
Yellow = winning maps and recommended maps
Entropy: None by Bogdan Barantiev [Entropy: Zero]
Chinatown by Gravity Cat – 2nd Place [No More Room in Hell]
City Crateen by TankiFlo [Too Many Crates!]
Nightmare House: The Ride by Matt71490 AKA Event Horizon & Shalashaska [Nightmare House]
Implausible Signals by airrice – 1st Place [Mission Improbable]
Very Tall Tower by lukkasz323 [Hazardous Course 2]
Neighborhood Watch by Tacarish & Redzombie18 – 3rd Place [Entropy: Zero]
The Report by roman_memes (bonus map) [The Report]
Animus Abridged by FloppyFins (bonus map) [Transmissions: Element 120]
Equilibrium Flux by beefbacon (bonus map) [Entropy: Zero]
Liquids by Melomaniac (bonus map) [Azure Sheep]
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
Each map has 5 screenshots. Thanks to ArctixSnowPup for providing the screenshots!
69Last 7 days
426Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?