This Test Tube (short competition) challenged authors to create a blockout rather than a full map. Rough geometry, developer textures, the works – the idea being that by prototyping, testing, and refining the gameplay rather than the visuals, overall development of a level can be smoother and require less reworking. And maps in development can still be a blast!
Enjoy the 13 submissions and 3 bonus maps!
As always, if you’re interested in learning more about Map Labs and maybe even participate in their upcoming challenges, visit the Map Labs Discord.
- Title: Blockout
- Filename: sdk-2013-sp-mlc-blockout.7z
- Size: 206 MB
- Author: White_Red_Dragons, Jakob // Tea, bobboy, ZoNiCaL, Half Way Lambda, Pancaked_Src, Skorly, Steven Cabbage, Aleksandr ‘alex_mmc’ Lavrinovitš, Matt71490 AKA Event Horizon, Maxdragonn, KETAL, Kimberly ‘iiboharz’ B.R., Jaycie Erysdren, Dabi, Its Fawn!, WALLe PL
- Date Released: 9 September 2019
- Make sure you have the Upcoming branch of the Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer installed in Steam and run at least once. (Properties – Betas – select upcoming from the dropdown list).
- Copy the blockout folder into your SourceMods folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- Blockout should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you decide to use the Per-Map Opinion Images, feel free to use the file below as a template:
Listed as they are displayed in the mod itself:
Map Labs Bureau by White_Red_Dragons
twisted_gravitea_ by Jakob // Tea
Little Green Men by bobboy
ZDoom by ZoNiCaL
Nuclear Dominion by Half Way Lambda
Roll To Thee! by Pancaked_Src
City of Confusion by Skorly
Dance of the Striders by Steven Cabbage & Aleksandr ‘alex_mmc’ Lavrinovitš
The Devrooms by Matt71490 AKA Event Horizon
TEST MAP DO NOT PLAY by Maxdragonn
Repower by KETAL
Desolation by Kimberly ‘iiboharz’ B.R. & Jaycie Erysdren
Lotsa Pipes by Dabi
Shipping and Handling by Its Fawn! (bonus map)
Development by WALLe PL (bonus map)
Dev Desert by Steven Cabbage & Aleksandr ‘alex_mmc’ Lavrinovitš (bonus map)
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
Each map has 5 screenshots. Thanks to ArctixSnowPup for providing the screenshots!
Currently there are no recommendations
15Last 7 days
59Last 30 days
If you believe this release is missing important tags, please suggest them in a comment?