So, here is the first of hopefully many Fan Art Events.
Now, let me clarify. Just like the Fan Fiction Events, they are not exactly challenges. Certainly not in the same way that the mapping challenges are challenges. There are no winners. There are just favourites. I give random Steam games to my favourite and to the readers’ favourite. The games tend to be quite old and not very expensive. I want people to enter the events for the fun and experience, not because they think they will win a AAA modern game.
Right, so with all that said, let’s talk about the event itself.
As the name suggests, I would like you to create a poster. The poster can be about one of the Half-Life games, one of the characters, weapons, locations, events or even a mod.
The style is up to you. It could look like a movie poster, an art-form (water-colour, oil, abstract etc), photoshop screenshot – the choice is yours.
The style can be serious or joking.
Text should be kept to a minimum unless the style demands it. If text is used, it should be in English (sorry).
A quick look on Deviant Art shows some possibilities.
Initially, the submissions are just for this event. However, depending on the quality and style, they may be converted into VTFs and then used in future Ville or other mods. Credit will be given if this is done.
Not being an artist myself, I wasn’t really sure how to specify this. As mentioned above, the images may be used in mods, but people might also like to print them, so to standardise the entries, please send your submission in one of the following proportions:
A4: 595×842 (72 PPI), 794×1123 (96 PPI), 1240×1754 (150PPI), 2480×3508 (300PPI)
This may be updated if I receive a better suggestion.
Please send your entry, via email, either as a jpg or png attachment, to email@example.com, no later than 11:59pm UTC Sunday 8th July 2018.
- All entries must be Safe For Work.
- Please supply your name, the title of the submission and any link you want to have listed if your submission is used for Villes and other mods. If you specifically do not want your submission used for this, please state that in your email.
- Artists may enter as many separate posters as they wish.
- No nudity or other depictions that Phillip feels is not safe for work or family orientated.
- All posters submitted must have been created for this event and not released previously.
- Please include any credits necessary (links to textures or models, fonts used etc).
- Phillip’s decision is final regarding his favourite, although brides or bribes may be accepted.
- No purchase necessary.
- Other weird rules may be added later.
As always, if you have ANY questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.