Just a quick question for you: How often do you switch weapons when playing SP Games?
Am I the only player who rarely switches weapons? I was playing a Chaser mod last night called Longwood Complex when I noticed I that although I had collect about 5 other weapons I hadn’t switched to any of them! That isn’t strictly true because I switched from the pistol to the first rifle I collected but that was it, no other switches.
I then realized that this was a pattern and I did it in every other game I played as well. The pattern goes something like this:
- Collect first projectile weapon offered
- Collect and switch to first rifle offered
- Continue collecting every weapon offered
- Eventually collect my favourite weapon for that game
- Continue using this weapon until ammunition runs out
- Play with second choice until I find ammunition for favourite weapon
- Continue like this for the rest of the game
Of course certain situation require certain weapons; sniper rifle or rocket launcher etc but in general I normally play with just one.
This weapon switching may or may not be important at my skill level but choosing the right weapon for the right situation (and choosing very quickly) might be important at higher skill levels.
So come on, be honest. Are you an amateur (like me) or professional?
Have any other thoughts about switching weapons?