This map is a “level design test” created by the author as a portfolio piece with the hopes of landing a job as a designer in the game industry. It must have worked, Cayle went on to work at a number of game studios including Valve Software itself for a number of years. Don’t believe me? Go check out the Portal 2 credits! I’ll wait.
From the readme:
For this level design test I created all except 2 of the textures (approx 100 in all), a custom skybox, looped and blended 3 ambient sounds, created and textured 11 custom models with 1 new weapon and a new seagull creature, created special “z axis” locked sprites and weapon selection sprites and most importantly did all of the brushwork.
- Title: X-Treme Violence
- File Name: hl1-sp-x-treme-violence.7z
- Original File Name: XV.exe
- Size : 5.54Mb
- Author: Cayle George
- Date Released: 24 March 2003
- Extract the downloaded 7z file
- Run the xv.exe executable file
- Select your Half-Life folder
- Restart or start Steam.
- Cayle George’s XV Test should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you require more help, please visit the Help page.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
Please note: These statistics are valid from December 2010
4Last 7 days
6Last 30 days