Gordon Freeman must fight his way into the remote arctic prison, Angel Mogila. The level is a small area of roughly the same scope as a single area in a larger Half-Life 2 level. Consequently the module is a slice of what would be a larger level. This level features stealth gameplay using a custom designed night vision effect and custom AI controllers to enable stealth gameplay. The player can elect to rush the level at a higher margin of difficulty. Power Outage also features destroyable power transformers that knock out the lights in each section of the level.
- Title: Power Outage
- File Name: hl2-ep2-sp-power-outage.7z
- Size : 9.35MB
- Author: James Brawley
- Date Released: 15 September 2011
You MUST have MapTap installed before using this link.
You can still use it with MapTap once you have downloaded it.
This map uses the “T” key on the keyboard as the toggle between night vision. If you already had the “T” key bound for another use then you will have to manually edit the Brawley_ML.cfg file. It’s not hard. Open it in a text editor (Not MS Word or similar).
MapTap users will need to go to the location of the account they installed it to. In my case it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\planetphilliphl2\half-life 2 episode two\hl2-ep2-sp-power-outage.7z, and edit the cfg file within that folder.
- Save the above file to a location of your choice and open it with a file archive application of your choice. I recommend 7-Zip.
- Copy Brawley_MLRTM.bsp into your Half-Life 2: Ep2 Maps folder.
- Copy Brawley_ML.cfg into your Half-Life 2: Ep2 cfg folder.
- Copy nightvision_v4.raw into your Half-Life 2: Ep2 Materials folder.
- Launch Half-Life 2: Episode Two
- Open the console and type map Brawley_MLRTM.
- Press enter/return or click the Submit button.
- Play and Enjoy.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
Click on the thumbnails below to open a 1024 pixel wide image.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
1Last 7 days
6Last 30 days