The HL Invasion story starts at the end of Half-Life. Remember, you were in a train with the strange G-man … Fortunately, scientists hidden in a subsidiary laboratory with Black Mesa manage to repatriate you there with a space probe, in which you jumped just before the G-man kills you.
Once awoken, you discover this secret laboratory that the government forces haven’t discovered yet. You are watching a teleportation experience, when suddenly over-trained marines invade this hiding place … From this moment, you’ll never be alone … This new trip will lead you into subsidiary areas with Black Mesa where you’ll get more revelations about the government objectives and the world of Xen …
- 44 maps : 5 levels of about 10 maps each.
- 16 weapons, including 12 new (infrared gun, flame thrower, sniper rifle)
- Two new human enemies ( rocket launcher soldier and sniper ) and two new alien monsters.
- A tank that you can drive and make its turret rotate independently from the chassis.
- A high definition bullet impact system, and particles blowing up from the walls on impact.
- An entirely renewed protective suit, with a member-per-member damage management, and the possibility to stock batteries and medkits for subsequent use.
- Several gameplay innovations such as digitpads use, or several kinds of ammo for the rocket launcher.
- Subtitles available in French, English, Spanish and German.
- Title: Half-Life Invasion
- File Name: hl1-sp-invasion.7z
- Original File Names: invasion_full.exe, invasion_patch1.1.exe
- Size : 59.82MB
- Author: Invasion Team
- Date Released: 05 August 2003
- The installer is in French, however the dialogue appears to be completely standard, presenting all the usual options. The right-hand button “Suivant” is for confirm/proceed and “Annuler” is to cancel/abort.
- Extract and run the invasion_full.exe installer and locate either your \SteamApps\[username]\half-life or \SteamApps\common\half-life folder (whichever is relevant to your particular Steam installation) when prompted.
- Extract and run the invasion_patch1.1.exe updater and locate either your \SteamApps\[username]\half-life or \SteamApps\common\half-life folder when prompted.
- Restart or start Steam.
- Invasion should now be listed in your Library tab.
- Starting Invasion – run the launcher.exe from half-life\Invasion\Launcher\launcher.exe
- NOTE – the installer also places a Setup folder in your \SteamApps\[username] or \SteamApps\Common folder. This contains an uninstaller plus logs – running SETUP.EXE brings up an installer dialogue to repair (greyed-out) or remove Invasion.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
A walkthrough for this mod is available. It is in PDF format. You may be able to open this directly in your browser, depending on which one you use and its version or alternatively you can download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Invasion Walkthrough PDF (228Kb)
Please note: These statistics are valid from December 2010
13Last 7 days
31Last 30 days