There’s one enemy and it’s the headcrab.
There’s one weapon and it’s the crowbar.
Put them together and what have you got?
HEADCRAB FRENZY!, that’s what.
Although you can play this online in MP mode, you can also play it locally, aiming to stay alive as long as possible and beat your personal high score.
- You start game with 5 lives. Every time you die, you may respawn, until your lives are zero. If they are, the game ends.
- When you kill 40 headcrabs, you gain extra health points.
- When you kill 100 headcrabs, you gain extra life.
- Your health is regenerating with the rate of 2 hp/sec. The faster you move, the faster the regeneration process is.
- Maximum number of alive headcrabs increases over the time.
- Headcrabs’ health and damage increases over the time also!
- Killing several headcrabs very fast results in a COMBO!
- Combo temporarily increases you crowbar’s damage, the higher is combo – the longer is increase.
- When you kill headcrabs, you gain “frenzy”. Combos give additional “frenzy” points.
- If your “frenzy” is full, you may activate it with RELOAD key, and do 16x damage!
- First crowbar swing does full damage, subsequent do the half.
- Secondary attack of the crowbar is more powerful, but is slower. The amount of “frenzy” points got for killing by such attack, depends on weapon’s upgrade value. If the secondary attack doesn’t kill a headcrab, it pushes him away. It is also possible to push away other players!
- Every minute your crowbar is slightly upgraded – it does more damage and “frenzy” mode lasts for a longer time.
- If you kill headcrab tracking you with anything but you crowbar, you get an extra score! This is called “Nice catch”.
Ladder – different headcrab types are spawned sequentially.
Random – all headcrab types are spawned randomly. Ladder mode goes into this mode after all types are spawned.
Invulnerability – player is physically invulnerable for all damage types.
Invisibility – headcrabs don’t attack a player although still track him.
Regeneration – health regeneration is 3 times faster (6 hp/sec).
Lightning – while attacking, the crowbar periodically makes an electric discharge to the nearest target. The discharge has chain effect stacking up to 8 targets.
Powerups last for 20 seconds. They respawn in one minute plus-minus several seconds in single player mode. In multiplayer, it is tweaked by hcf_powerupMinRespawn and hcf_powerupMaxRespawn server variables. There may be powerups of the certain type on maps, or a Random Power-up – it may be different on every respawn. To turn powerups off, server may use a console variable hcf_allowpowerups, setting it to zero.
There are 4 maps in the mod. After completing a level and learning the score, press Space in several seconds, and there would be a map change.
In a singleplayer mode, your highest scores are saved locally. High scores are stored individually for each map, game type and difficulcy level (Easy, Medium, Hard).
Start the game after all players are in. It also can be restarted (using a hcf_restart command). To restart an internet server, use a spectator vote system.
Your multiplayer score is published on statistics server (only if you play on a public server, see below). Player is identified by either WON Id or Steam ID. Statistics is available at:
- Title: Headcrab Fenzy
- File Name: hl1-sp-headcrab-frenzy.7z
- Size : 5.64MB
- Author: XaeroX
- Date Released: 31 January 2010
You MUST have MapTap installed before using this link.
You can still use it with MapTap once you have downloaded it.
- Copy the hcf folder into your Half-Life folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- Headcrab Frenzy! should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
Click on the tabs below to select the size of screenshot you would like.
All sizes are the same screenshots, just in different resolutions.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
2Last 7 days
3Last 30 days