CSS SCI FI 3: Hardwired is a single-player modification for Half-Life 2. Waking up to find himself an augmented clone of Gordon Freeman, the player must fight time-travelling Combine forces and other enemies across 42 unique and re-playable missions.
Missions are set in 18 retail and 24 custom Counter-Strike: Source maps, which are installed intact to the player’s CS:S game folder. The mod edits the entity data for each map as it is loaded, adding and modifying entities to create a seamless single-player experience. The maps remain unchanged and are fully playable in Counter-Strike: Source. Maps have been contributed by established designers, including Bluestrike, Schuzak and d00ds.com. Combat locations range from a snow-covered country church to a dense pine forest to a sun-baked tropical island.
Players enter each map through the mission hub and can choose to play each one at a time or all in 3 linked campaigns. Each mission features a series of goals, such as to rescue hostages or destroy targets, which must be completed to move on to the next map or return to the hub. There are multiple approaches to each goal, and in each map the behaviour and armament of enemies and the distribution of resources are randomly determined within defined parameters. Thus, no two plays are the same, making CSS SCI FI a truly re-playable single-player experience.
- Requires Source SDK Base and Counter-Strike:Source.
- Retains look and feel of Half-Life 2 while adding new weapons, enemies and abilities.
- Includes a custom mission hub, weapon test range and full configuration utility.
- Includes 24 custom maps for Counter-Strike:Source.
- Features 42 replayable non-linear missions, each with multiple goals and hidden secret weapons.
- Support for 64 bit systems and non-standard Steam locations.
- Now runs on the Source SDK Base, meaning that only Counter-Strike: Source is required.
- UAC support for Windows Vista and 7.
- Streamlined configuration utility.
- Updates to the translations .csv (get this version if working on a translation).
- Faster loading times and minor bug fixes
CSS SCI FI is packaged in an executable installer. This installer does not write to the registry or make any changes to any installed programs. When executed, the installer performs the following tasks:
- Ensures that Steam and CS:S are installed.
- Locates the user’s SourceMods directory, creates a new directory for CSS SCI FI, and installs the mod resources within it.
- Locates the user’s cstrike/maps folder and installs 24 custom Counter-Strike: Source maps within it.
- Sets up script files within CSS SCI FI to link the mod to the user’s cstrike/maps folder.
- Places a shortcut to the mod launcher on the desktop
- Executes the CSS SCI FI Configuration Utility (see below for more details).
The process is safe and causes no other changes to the host system.
The Mod MUST be installed with the executable. Mod’s Author – “There
Please note: These statistics are valid from December 2010
0Last 7 days
0Last 30 days