In this short map, you have to work your way through a variety of caves until you Meet Barney.
He seems to be held captive. Once released, he is supposed to open a door that you hope leads to freedom.
However, things don’t work out as expected. Good Luck.
“Caves is the second map i have made for the Source engine. My first being zombies. I feel that this being my second map, it is of a much higher quality then my first. As the first was created when I had just started mapping. So the whole design of it was a little shaky. Feel free to submit any bugs to me (Email found in the readme). But keep in mind that this is not a beta. However, I will release Caves V2 if i find enough bugs to resubmit it. If someone wants the .vmf file to check out how I did something, just e-mail me and I will send it to you. I hope everyone enjoys my new map.”
- Title: Caves
- File Name: hl2-sp-caves.7z
- Size : 1.98MB
- Author: Gamefreak AKA Totalgamefreak
- Date Released: 14 January 2005
- Place the Caves.bsp in your Valve\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\maps folder.
- Place the Caves.ain in your Valve\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\maps\graphs folder.
- Place the cavehelp.vcd in your Valve\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\scenes folder.
- And place both the thanksgordon2.wav and getouthere2.wav in your Valve\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\sound folder.
- Go into you settings. Press “keyboard” and then click “advanced”. Check “enable developer console”
- Press the ` key (console) , or up from tab and to the left of 1.
- Type: “map caves”
- Press Enter.
If these are not put into the right folders, the map may not work correctly. If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
Click on the thumbnails below to open a 1024 pixel wide image.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
1Last 7 days
2Last 30 days