Welcome to the fifth and final challenge from The Hammer Cup 2016, which has a Grand Prize of a NECA Gravity Gun, plus other prizes for second and third places.
This mod contains 10 entries, each with their own style and setting.
For this challenge, entrants were allowed to use ANY previous Ville theme, except one of the previous four from The Hammer Cup 2016.
- Title: AnyVilleVille
- Filename: hl2-ep2-sp-mc-thc16-c5-anyvilleville.7z
- Size : 186MB
- Author: melc311, Crowbar, Mark Allan AKA Officer_B, Erik-Silver Toomere aka ESToomere, Ethosaur, Gwydion Brain AKA Agameofscones, Abraham lee AKA iohnnyboy, Niker107, Rekurer, Derek AKA 1upD
- Date Released: 30 July 2016
- Copy the THC16-AnyVille folder into your …\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\ folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- AnyVilleVille – THC16 should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you require more help, please visit the Technical Help page.
This is the order within the mod.
Castle Siege by melc311
Dark Life by Crowbar
Dimension C by Mark Allen AKA Officer_B
Ebullition Discontent by Erik-Silver Toomere aka ESToomere
Necrophobia by Ethosaur
Osmotr by Gwydion Brain AKA Agameofscones
Rest a Shore by Abraham lee AKA iohnnyboy
Reversed by Niker107
Tea Party by Rekurer
The Last Commute by Derek AKA 1upD
For the final challenge, we wanted something as open as possible but still quite defined. We have considered many previous challenges as potential options for this one but no particular one seemed right.
Therefore, we have decided that entrants can select ANY previous mapping competition/challenge from the past EXCEPT the previous 4 used in The Hammer Cup 2016.
Entrants may only select ONE theme for their map.
For those that are new to the site and think the challenges are a new thing, you might be surprised to learn that I have been running them since 2010.
In addition, to the 1 extra week, there are also three other obligatory requirements for this challenge.
1. ALL entrants MUST include a readme text file. The file MUST be called the entry’s name. For example, Outbreak-readme.txt. The file MUST include the author’s name and the theme chosen. It can also include any other information and credits etc.
2. Entrants MUST send a image that will be used as the background image, chapter image and Steam gridview image. No HUD or weapons should be visible. Separate images for each use can be sent if the author wishes.
3. Any files sent MUST be named after the entry’s name plus the suffix: “thc16-c5”. For example, “Outbreak-thc16-c5.7z”. Do NOT use something like AnyVilleVille.7z”.
Ideally, a map would end with a fade to black and screen text displaying the map name, author and theme name, but this is not compulsory.
The judges will be looking for a clever and surprising interpretation of the chosen theme. That doesn’t mean we hope for or expect strange entries, just that we have already played maps with that theme so you will have to do something special.
As always, quality over quantity is valued, so plan very carefully and make sure you allocate enough time for external testing.
That’s it. Good luck to all entrants!
Which is you favourite 3 AnyVilleVille entries
- The Last Commute by Derek AKA 1upD (8%, 7 Votes)
- Tea Party by Rekurer (10%, 8 Votes)
- Reversed by Niker107 (40%, 33 Votes)
- Rest a Shore by Abraham lee AKA iohnnyboy (18%, 15 Votes)
- Osmotr by Gwydion Brain AKA Agameofscones (13%, 11 Votes)
- Necrophobia by Ethosaur (40%, 33 Votes)
- Ebullition Discontent by Erik-Silver Toomere aka ESToomere (7%, 6 Votes)
- Dimension C by Mark Allen AKA Officer_B (34%, 28 Votes)
- Dark Life by Crowbar (27%, 22 Votes)
- Castle Siege by melc311 (49%, 41 Votes)
Total Voters: 83
Brane Scan by Kelly Bailey from Half-Life 2
The RunThinkShootLive.Com intro video was made by ĜL1TCĦ³.
Rob Martens for converting my intro video into .bik format.
Ten gridview icons are included in this file. To use the included grid view icon, select “Gridview” in Steam (top right corner).
Right click on “AnyVilleVille” and select “Set Custom Image”.
Then browse to the SourceMods folder and then to AnyVilleVille/steam-gridview-icons folder and select the image. Then click “Set Image” and that’s it.
Of course, you can create your own custom image if you prefer.
Maximum two maps per mapper per competition.
The map must be original and not have been released publicly before.
The map must run in system with only Ep2 installed
By entering the competition you grant PlanetPhillip.Com & RunThinkShootLive.Com the right to release the map as part of the Ville Mod.
Maps must not appear before the release and for one month after the release of the mod.
No assets from retail games other than HL2, HL2: Ep1 or HL2: Ep2 are allowed.
Other assets are allowed with written permission from their original authors, which MUST be included in the entry.
Phillip’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
The map MUST have a proper name.
The map MUST have a proper filename: MapName_ABC.bsp (ABC is replaced with the code for the mapping challenge)
All entries must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the deadline.
This challenge was partly sponsored by Nodecraft – High Performance Game Servers.
24Last 7 days
113Last 30 days