Welcome to the second mapping challenge as part of The Hammer Cup 2016.
Dictionary.com defines Liberate as
- to set free, as from imprisonment or bondage.
- to free (a nation or area) from control by a foreign or oppressive government.
- to free (a group or individual) from social or economic constraints or discrimination, especially arising from traditional role expectations or bias.
- to disengage; set free from combination, as a gas.
- Slang. to steal or take over illegally: The soldiers liberated a consignment of cigarettes
That’s exactly what we want you to do! Build a map that allows the player to liberate something of your choosing. The “something” can be a person or people, an item, or anything else you can think of!
Pick any of the definitions above. We particularly like the fourth regarding the “COMBINation”.
Maybe the City 17 rebels are trapped and need your help. Maybe Alyx has been captured. Again.
Maybe you’re a car thief. Maybe you impulsively hoard garden gnomes. Maybe Barney has borrowed your crowbar one too many times.
The options are wide open, as long as you can liberate it!
As always, ask as many questions as you want, either via the comments here or privately if you prefer.
The map will be judged on how well it fits the theme AND the elements listed below.